View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 03:43 PM   #102
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The door rattled a bit as it opened again. Strenge entered quickly, then closed it to block out the wind. He stood still for a moment, attempting to gain some warmth back into his slight frame, then made his way to find some good ale.

With a mug of the best drink he had ever tasted, Strenge turned and immediatly spotted someone he knew.

As quick as he could, Strenge ran over to Caraedry, who looked up in surprise at the young dark-haired man who suddenly appeared in front of him.

"Caraerdry!" said Strenge, "Great holy eagles, I never expected to see you here. Well, then again, I never expected to be here myself. But I suppose if there is anyone I might have wanted to see here, you would be it."

Strenge could have babbled in this fashion for the remainder of the day, but on this particular one, he had beer, which he began to drink intermittently.

"Well, then, what are you doing here?" Strenge asked stupidly, then, after seeing the books out on the table, said: "Ah, yes, the old business. How's that going?"

Before Careardry could answer, Strenge had plunged on with another bout of swift conversation.

It took a quarter of an hour for Strenge to have drank enough to become less talkative.

He sat down and asked, in a much less active manner, "How is your business going, anyway?"