View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 01:53 PM   #63
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Lhingril hurried through the castle halls to find the Queen. She must not hear of King Elessar's 'mysterious' dissapearance until he was safely out of the castle and out of his way.

Turning a corner, he nearly ran into her as she walked towards him. Quickly he bowed, muttering apologies.

"It is quite all right, Advisor Lhingril," Her Majesty's voice was fluid and silvery, edged with the merest hint of humor. "The Prince's upcoming arrival has caused all of us to become somewhat hurried." She smiled. By the Valar,thought Lhingril, Her face grows more radiant with every passing moment.

"If you will excuse me," she began, "I must seek my husband." These words shook Lhingril out of his trance.

"Majesty", he began hurriedly, bowing low, "I have been instructed by His Majesty to deliver this message to you." He produced a small parchment bearing the Royal Seal from somewhere in his robes. He had forged it himself in King Aragorn's handwriting only hours before. Smiling politely, Queen Arwen accepted the message and broke open the seal.

Lhingril watched her fair eyes scan the contents of the page, saw her brow crease ever so slightly as she read.

He did not need to ask what the message said; he had wrote it himself and had practcally memorized its contents. Still, he acted suprised as Her Majesty informed him that her husband wished for her to oversee the arrangements for the Prince's arrival, as Aragorn was riding out to meet him at that very moment.

"Odd," Arwen mused, "That he would leave us now, he had told me earier that he wished to ask my counsel before he left." Lhingril gave a dazzling crocodile smile.

"Well, Highness," he said, "We must not question the wisdom of his magesty. He is obviously unworried by the Prince's arrival; in fact, I suppose the whole business has bored him to sleep, if not to death!" He laughed at his own dark in-joke.