View Single Post
Old 07-02-2002, 03:48 PM   #223
Morima
Haunting Spirit

Morima has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morima Send a message via MSN to Morima
White-Hand

Hi!

My name is actually Morimá, not Morima [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

It is Quenya and mean 'Blackhand' (not 'blackhanded' as Treebeard says; that is 'morimaitë'). The Morimá caracter is actually a fair-haired calaquendi, very kind and very protective to her dearest sister Silima, and she's living by the sea outside Alqualondë in Valinor, where she has lived her entire life - which indeed is a considerable amount of time. Morimá loves gardening and botany, trees especially, she has a huge, beautiful garden where she has collected lots of rare trees. As you might have precieved, she is quite a nice and sympathetic caracter too, which most elves usually are [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

The reason for her name Morimá comes from a specific event; Morimá is really not her actual name. About the year 3010 (that's some nine years before the fall of Sauron), she went to Middle-Earth to visit the Noldor there; also in some botany-purpose, perhaps she found the mallorn-trees interesting. Anyhows, she didn't get further than Rivendell, after this something unknown-but-terrible happened to her, and she didn't get her memory back until a year later, back in Valinor, where she was told that the Wood Elves of Mirkwood had found her uncounscious in the southern parts of the woods, near Dol Guldur - where she was dressed up in black robes with the red eye painted on - and someone had also cut off her long rich hair... Creepy or what? Well, this is not it.

Back at home in the Blessed Realm, Morimá soon discovered that the mysterious year erased from her memory had left her some horrifying magical powers. When she touced someone with her bare hands, she seemed to inflict serious bad luck on them, in the manner that they (if they were lucky) got something hard in the head the next day, or (usually) got killed during the next week. And indeed, Valar and Maiar were able to see that her hands shone with a faint blue light at the moment she touched someone, and her magic was undoubtedly evil.

After disvocering this, Morimá started to wear thin black gloves, which she never removed with other people present. She stayed more and more by herself, since everybody seemed to fear her, which she of course understood perfectly. Everybody - but her sister Silima, a young and lively elf with unusual ravenblack hair - and there's a lot to say about her as well, mind you, but that's quite another story...

Anyways, that's the origin of the name and further the caracter Morimá. Actually, she came as a result of the Silima-story, which is a 50p-comic I'm doing. (The quotes in my sig is from this comic (called 'The Sick Story'), except the one with Martha [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])

But luckily things end up good for Morimá in the end - ...But that's the happenings after the storyline of The Sick Story [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Phew this was quite a book, really. When I get started with this I just don't stop... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Aki Benetah.
Morima is offline   Reply With Quote