View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 05:13 AM   #422
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Yay! I put in my vote too, for what it's worth - it's absolutely better than both alternatives of that picture. I like it. I would keep it, unless you figure out a different way to shade them that you like better? But I think this already is a very worthy version.
Phew! Okay then, I've been working through the various pictures, and I've run into Fan-Dance Sauron:

I've tried simply removing his face, but because he's the focus of the image, it looks too neutral. So I was considering something like this:

With eye-glow to match Morgoth's? And maybe keeping his scar, because it's a nice little identifier for Zong!Sauron? But I don't know if adding the detail actually makes it look worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Meanwhile, here is a sample of Aria for beta-testing. Yea or nay? I was trying to go for the angrier version of Melian here. The mild "tsk tsk, I already forgive you but I still need to scold you" version is maybe more in keeping with Melian's relationship with Thingol in the books, but on stage I am too much in love with the flashing-eyes V2 Melian. My reasoning is, of course she'll forgive Thingol, but this is her initial outburst of grief and dismay and anger, she deserves to stomp her feet a little. ^.^
Rage-Melian is always better. ^_^ Book!Melian was dealing with 'locking my daughter in a tree is excellent parenting'; Zong!Melian is instead faced with 'Imma marry my kid off to the guys who tried to murder my brother', which is a whole nother level of crazy Elu.

THINGOL:
Second-rate are all these Mortal Men
This one would enrage even the dead!
Not a penny to his name
You'd think he would feel shame
But see his prideful head!

MELIAN:
Oh my husband dear, do you hear yourself?
Shut your stupid mouth or I'll shut it for you.
Go sit on your throne; I'll do this myself!
Melian shall be the sole queen of Doriath!

[Pause; pause; pause]

THINGOL:
Now my darling I cannot agree--

MELIAN:
I said get OUT!

I like the sound of the clip, but I can't figure out where the singing would go. ^_^ Which is fine, because t'ain't my song anyway, but it makes it harder to give a firm opinion.

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 03-17-2021 at 06:41 AM.
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote