View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 03:41 PM   #417
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It's so weird to be up in the Movies. It's gonna take some getting used to. Seconded, thank you Mithadan for the move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
As noted in the edit above, I fixed the glitch in the Minions, and then I... uh... finished the Quenya Lament as well.

It's a wildly different style of video, but it worked out pretty much how I hoped. It also features a cameo by a certain Very Good Boy who has been cruelly left out of the story so far; hopefully this will help make it up to him.

Altariello Nainie

(The Quenya title is a reference in itself: in Tolkien's Tengwar manuscript of 'Namárië', he titled it 'Altariello nainië Lóriendessë' - Galadriel's Lament in Lórien. 'Altariel' is the pure Quenya form of 'Galadriel'; we more usually see the Telerin form, 'Alatariel'.)
This is fantastic!!!!!!!! I love this video, it turned out beautiful! Did you draw any of the pictures in the beginning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Quick question: in the event that any other male singing voices turn out to exist, I've obviously snagged Finrod as the one I'm keeping for myself. Is there one of the female leads you'd like to similarly mark as yours? Just in case I actually stumble across a singer who's interested.
Not sure. I mean, if we get to the "turn it over to the pros to do it properly" stage, I relinquish all rights to whoever can sing it better. But for the "let's do it ourselves" stage, I think recent events just proved how much I love singing the Lament (I have a good chunk of it memorized in Quenya too now, it's really annoying when it gets stuck in my head in Quenya). So, going with that, I guess Galadriel? Which is also very fitting, all names considered. :P Though maybe Aria will change my mind.

I updated all links in the intro post, Minions have the glitchless video, and Lament has the Quenya link. ^.^ By the way, I've also been indexing your live action videos there. Do you have any objections to that?

Good news, today I got another new pair of earphones (aaaaah-gain ), and having tested them with several runs of Nainie I think they work just fine. So I shall resume attempts on Aria in the coming days.