View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #375
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
a female messenger, probably some kind of a Maia - and cool enough to use imagination in choosing her form
I always imagined her to be some sort of Maia, or, in my latter years, some sort of spirit akin to that of the Werewolves - evil spirit in animal body. Which would make her, literally, a bat? Actually, is it said that she did shapechange? Was it the cloak? Or what?

Anyway, I wanted to say, you said "female messenger" - I actually never thought about it the way that she would be just a messenger and nothing more. That would be kind of interesting (probably because it's fresh idea to me).

Quote:
the name Lúthien took for herself after leaving Tol-in-Gaurhoth, and no one needs to be told of Lúthien's extraordinary achievements. Still, if it's her, I probably like her Thuringwethil plot the best out of everything she did.
Actually, I always thought she did not make it up and that it was all somebody - but exactly. I think it redeems the Lúthien storyline, because otherwise it's, sorry to B&L lovers, plain boring, mostly. Maybe the part of being in Angband is more interesting. And in any case, if I like any Thuringwethil, then it is the Thuringwethil when Lúthien pretends to be her.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote