View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 01:58 AM   #765
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Now, I can't have Mira show me up with that epic post as I whine about my own exhaustion. Left off with phantom, which I believe next comes Glirdan and wilwa, who I went to get at the bus station then returning back to meet Shasta.

Glirdan, where do I start with this kid? Wilwa told me he was coming before the moot and I was really excited, because as he said we had developed a good friendship, but when he went on hiatus from the site and lost touch. That is until I find out from wilwa, that the Devin coming with her was Glirdan! I mean I seriously can't say enough about him. On the 'Downs he was someone who I could always go to if I needed something done, and handled my frantic "I can't close this down, I hope you can!" messages. He is exactly the same in person, someone who handled the moments I did get frantic, and I was more than happy to repay when Kath had him worried about a missing wilwa. (I won't go into details about being lost, Glirdan was pretty cheery about the whole thing taking lots of pictures. My calls were not THAT bad, I was just concerned about making it back to induge in Mac's delicious potato pancakes). I can say we developed that friendship where I would be perfectly ok if he punched me for the times that I can be a prick. I say this, because I know there was a time when he probably seriously did want to knock me out, but instead just gave me a sleeping pill. I wasn't sure how long it would take to sink in, and the snoring from others who will remain nameless, led me to go into the other room where I was given earplugs. By the time I got to the door, I felt the sleeping pill taking effect forget what happens next, but according to alona I was yet again sleeping at the kitchen table.

And wilwa can just brighten your day instantly. We picked up the Canadians, and I was probably also in not the best of moods (I blame Mira who was dragging down everyones' spirits ), but it was impossible to not smile when Glirdan and wilwa came through the doors smiling exclaiming "WE'RE IN BOSTON!" The B&N trip was quite epic too with her and Form. (Aside: I think this was when I first used the word excursion, and it makes me happy to see the word being used frequently here. Looks like you're not the only one who can get 'Downers to say words that catch on Kath! ). It was good to go to Barnes, and it was an unexpected trip as I saw Form leaving, I wanted to get some air, then wilwa is anxious to come, and we make a pleasant trip to the bookstore and Starbucks. I already knew wilwa's obsessed fondness for butterflies, but learned the story behind it, and it was very sad to see my two Canadians who could instantly make you smile leave.

The first night, I don't recall much interaction with Shasta, beyond *New person is here...ahh this must be the person I legit fear the most, because of my Ranger stunt.* "Oh hi. I'm John, aka Boro." I don't think I have mentioned how great it was to meet this guy. Let's see...he's a great singer and absolutely hilarious, and he always got mad because somehow I was the Ranger 3 straight times, and he was the seer often, but I never defended him even though he was usually night 1 killed. The other thing about Shasta is he sleeps anywhere, at anytime. He made it nigh impossible to leave by tackling (Had to steal this pic Brinn) and then trying to kidnap me at the airport.

The morning bunches of us go to pick up a Lari, an alona, and a Celuien.

Lari is someone who I can talk history with for hours and I love it, because
there aren't many people I know in person who can do that with me. She is a calming person to be around, it's just something where she knows exactly what to say in the perfect situation. When my head inevitably races around, Lari calmed it with encouragement or direction. And times when I needed a good laugh, we could discuss the Defenestration of Prague, and how to properly defenestrate people to make it look like an accident! I wish we could have thought of that role as a D-list superhero, someone carrying around a pane of glass to throw people thru...oh I love the idea.

Alona was a wolf in the WW game I did here, and we got to know eachother a bit afterwards. It's a shame that uni life made us both really busy, before the moot, but she did manage to instruct me on how to install Skype. I had no idea about her strange lemon habits, but I can't say too much as a person who will eat mashed potatoes and gravy with eggs. One of the few pictures I do have on my phone is when we woked up alona to tell her that Lari had gone to get hair dye. She takes out her phone, but while calling her fell back asleep with the phone to her ear. It was hilarious, and I have never seen anyone who can sleep like she can. Lari's trying to call her back, and alona has the phone right up to her ear, but still soundly asleep.

Celuien, I will just add had to the turkey story, had an absolutely stunning dress for New Years.

The last ones I met...Fea, Mac, Rikae, and their wereduckling. The wereduckling is adorable and she will without question be the most deadly WW player in history. When she speaks...erm points...watch out, you will be lynched or eaten.

Mac made a delicious meal for us as well, I can't take full credit for being the cook. He and Rikae also helped in the epic cleaning of the apartment that one day when Glirdan, alona, Mira and I decided it absolutely needed to be done. The WW-game I probably most remember (besides the one that I left because of a nose-bleed only to come back and find phantom had to pick new wolves) was getting into a staring contest with Mac. I had contacts, and in the desperate need for water that my eyes were I had to submit, to which Mac shouts "WOLF!"

Rikae is just as scary in real WW as on-line, because she sounds exactly the same. I swear at times when she talked, it was like reading a post from Rikae, and the sly tone to her voice did not help at all. I will distrust her even more now! Rikae also provided much needed help, in making the cheese sauce, for my pretzel-breaded chicken. It turned out beautifully, and I thank you because with everything else going on, I probably would have neglected the sauce, leading to separation or something else going wrong.

I had actually first met Fea through the screen as Nienna demanded a video chat, telling Form, Mira, and I that she had to go make herself pretty. I made a sign for her too, as I had asked her to wear some red when picking me up, but then she had to go and get sick. So, the sign on the back that red "and looking for the lady in red BOOTS" did not make sense. (Funny story...at the airport I fail at remembering what you can take in your carryon. So as the security guard confiscated my shampoo and toothpaste, came across the sign too. I said I would not allow him to throw that away and he kindly put it back in the bag for me.) Poor Fea was coughing, raspy, and quite often sleeping or at class, but a lovely person and I would have been most upset had that held her back from the trip entirely.

Last edited by Boromir88; 01-11-2010 at 02:08 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote