View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #763
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
People - a shoddy analysis of Bostonmoot :D

Recounting all the adventures had during Bostonmoot would take far too long and I'd probably still be sitting here in the library until way past closing (not so much an option when you don't know the security guards closing, heh heh) soooo true to Werewolf style, here is a list of people and my thoughts! Whoo! (Did I mention Mira is very sleepy?)

Nienna - Oh my Nienna...How I love her. She's fabulous and housed us crazy people and forced me to buy pancake mix in New York and drag it all the way to Boston...Not like we didn't know all these things before. She became the mother of the trip, making sure everyone had their T pass at all times and didn't kill each other or burn the apartment down (although there wasn't much she could do about that when she was at work...*coughFormcough*). I love her lots. That about sums it up.

Formendacil - The father to Nienna's mother. From making apple pies while Boro and I "helped" to always have a camera around, Form was on top of things. Well, not quite everything. There was the one time he left the gas stove on and almost burned down the apartment. But he didn't, so all is well. He also made fabulous pasta the first night we were there, so that makes up for it as well. The self-appointed picker upper and dropper offer of various Downers, he got everybody where they needed to be when they needed to be there, even when they didn't want to be there themselves. He's always good for a snuggle or inappropriate comment regarding...well, I don't want to scar the rest of you the way I have been. Aside from that, Form is an absolutely fabulous person and will hopefully not be all the way in Canada for too much longer *fingers crossed*

Boromir88 - aka Grandpa. This kid eats ridiculously slowly. Case and point: Form and I were on part 2 of our two part lunch (cheesy scrambled eggs and orange juice in goblets for part one, peanut butter and jelly for part two) while Boro was still plugging away on the eggs. He made up for it by cleaning like a champ and always doing dishes when there were dishes that needed doing (so...all the time). When Boro, Form, and Nienna picked me up at the bus station, the boys glomped just to be mean because Nienna and I were being epic. Then he carried my stuff. Which weighed more than Shasta. Have I mentioned lately that I love this kid? One of the only people to put up with my insane football watching (he abandoned Rune for football with me on more than one occasion) and we threw around Tony Jr. (my super awesome Tony Romo "signed" ball) while waiting for people to come and go on more than one occasion. Grocery shopping with Boro, Form, and Nienna was certainly an experience, one that involved getting pushed around in a shopping cart for the duration of the trip and getting called a boy by some little kid in the queue. I'm sure there are a variety of other fabulous moments that I just can't think of at the moment (being interrupted by my minions doesn't really help either) but in short Boro is amazing. Case and point - turkey.

Rune - aka Danish. Love this kid. I mean, how can I not after punching him in the face 3 hours after I met him? (This is when the 3 hour rule was established, by the way) Just for the record, he was between me and my football and he had fair warning to move. He chose not to. ANYWAY. Our Europeans are fabulous. Listening to Rune and Kath bicker was absolutely amazing. He put up very well with being my punching bag (and actually fought back, which was a pleasant surprise) and all our general obnoxious American tendencies. He was also a champ about going to the liquor store whenever we needed more of something. Oh! And the meat! If you haven't gone grocery shopping with a Dane, I highly suggest you do. After being told to go to the meat section, witnessing him hop, skip, and jump his way over there absolutely made all our days! Absolutely fabulous.

Kath - aka English. My wifey and fellow lover of random bacon making! Kath and I had met with Jenny when we were traipsing around London last May, but that was only for a few hours and we did manage to get ourself slightly less than horribly lost for a while. I was really glad we got to spend more time together this time and traipsed around Boston without getting lost. By the end of the week she had us all saying things like "rubbish" and "queue." The overwhelming favorite, however, had to have been "fizzy drink."
It put an end to the soda vs. pop debate for good. She also showed the majority of us that it was okay to be mean to Danish (although personally had already figured that one out :P) and thereby effectively demolished any sense of superiority he might have had. She also stole my couch one night. She'll pay for that down the line (just kidding dear <3) She needs to not be in England. kthx.

Brinn - Brinn and I had met last year when she came up to the Purple Bubble for a week during her vacation (and Fea got us epically lost getting back to campus after picking her up). She definitely gets the same awesome status for hosting all of us insane Downers in her apartment and sharing her bedroom as Kelly. She was very willing to show us all around Boston and play tour guide, which was greatly appreciated.

Lari - Only for Lari and alona would I be at the airport at 7 in the morning. Not happy about it, but there nonetheless. She's just as fabulous as I remember from living with her for a year. Kath, Fea, Lari, and I had epic story telling time, complete with dramatic reading of evisceration scenes from the fabulous Jack the Ripper book she got me for Christmas (eviscerated girl played by Fea). We then solved the Jack the Ripper and Sweeney Todd murders in one night. Take that, Scotland Yard. Our walk around Boston at night also could be qualified as epic, seeing as how we had absolutely no idea where we had gotten to but still somehow managed to find our way back to the apartment in one piece, without having to call Nienna in a panic (unlike some people *coughGlirdanandBorocough*)

alona - Adore this girl. Still eating lemons straight like a champ as she was when she came to visit last year, alona became the second adopted daughter of Form and Nienna, as well as my little sister. One of the three people younger than me on the trip, she was the victim of many late-night hallway chats and therapy sessions, which she handled flawlessly. Have I mentioned lately that I adore this girl? Because I definitely do.

Fea - Oh my sickly Fea. Depressingly coming 4 days later than originally planned, Fea was stricken ill multiple times during the week, but was still the victim of a hearty glomp from yours truly upon exiting her vehicle. Always good for a snuggle (or midnight smooch ), she was a fabulous evisceration victim during Jack the Ripper story time. As always, she proved amazing at the hair styling game. Lesson learned: always trust Fea when she has a pair of scissors aimed at your head. Hopefully next time she will be in fabulous health, because I think most of us will probably kill her if she's not. <3

Glirdan - Most epic memory: gutting the fridge and freezer on New Year's Day. What a ridiculous cleaning experience that was. Oye. Close second in the epic memory race: getting ranted at 5 minutes after getting off the bus from an 18 hour ride. Third most epic memory: RENT singalong time with Shasta and Lari. Fourth most epic memory: not one, but two frantic phone calls from Glirdan and Boro when they got lost traipsing around Boston one night. /adore

wilwa - It is impossible to not love this girl. She is just absolutely fabulous. After a ridiculously short period of time, I came to think of her as a little sister and miiiight have peer pressured her into doing a little experimenting in the beverage area. She handled it like a champ, as she did when accosted by my aforementioned rant after getting off the bus. Saying goodbye to her and Glirdan was one of the most painful experiences I have faced yet. It's ridiculous how close all of us got after such a short period of time. Oh, and sorry for randomly lynching you that one game when Rune and I were too tired to care, dear. <3

Shasta - My two hour Lover. Never have I known someone to sleep under a mattress when there's a perfectly good one to lie on top of. Of course, this is also the kid who slept on the back of the couch, so draw what conclusions you will. Between epic musical singalong times and making me fabulous mixed drinks, there is no way not to fall in love with this kid.

the phantom - ZOMG he does exist outside the Downs! I know, everyone's shocked. Always good for an in-depth analysis of RL WW and/or a pillow for Fea, phantom was the one other person (other than Boro) capable of carrying on an intelligent conversation about football. Awesome points, right there.

Celuien - Epic dominator of the turkey! Where Boro and Glirdan failed, Celuien prevailed! Without her, the delicious turkey we had would not have existed (and that would have been a shame beyond all others). She was quite quiet when we were all in a group and I'm sad we didn't get to spend more one-on-one time together. She definitely needs to upload pictures from her awesome camera. *hint hint*

Encai - Oh, the bonds forged on the T ride back to the apartment from the bus station! Our relationship started out with a hug, which is always a fabulous sign in my book. Encai has the most amazing boots ever, which everyone was epically jealous of. Another person I wish I had gotten to spend more time with, but is absolutely fabulous nonetheless!

Di - Um, so apparently she was terrified of me the first day because I was yelling about punching people when she first walked in. I feel bad about that. We went on many a trip together, including to see Sherlock Holmes in the bitter cold (fingerless gloves + cold night = bad life choice). She was fantastic help in the kitchen when needed and fabulously entertaining to play RLWW with, especially when Shasta fake revealed as Seer. Yet another person I would have liked to spend more time with.

Rikae, Mac, and the Wereduckling - Get lumped together. Seeing the Wereduckling again was definitely the highlight of that day (Nienna, Fea, Lari, Brinn, and I visited them at home last year when she was just a wee one). She knows how to text! sally can attest to that, as she replied to a number of her texts all on her own. Rikae was fabulous as always, helping us clean the apartment like it was her job on New Year's Day (have we mentioned lately how much we appreciate that). Mac was as well, especially when he make potato pancakes for everyone for dinner (deeeeeeelicious!) It was fabulous to see them all again and I'm super glad they were able to make it to Boston for the festivities!

Oye. This is a ridiculously epic post which successfully ate up about two hours of my time at work (yay!). I'm sure I've left out a ton of things that I'll remember upon going to bed and thus not be able to sleep tonight, but alas. Seeing as how I'm not on my own computer at the moment, I can't so much link the pictures that go along with these fabulous memories. They will get done eventually though. Promise.