View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #1376
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
The only thing in werewolf that really annoys me is when I get killed on D/N 1-2. But that's only because I'm not able to play any more in that game.~Nogrod
It's only a game Nogrod

I think this one players (myself included) got a bit more testy than normal, simply because of the nature of the suspicions.

If you think about it, in any game we lynch blindly. There really is no 'solid' evidence, because it relies completely on how people perceive it. How someone perceives why _____ was killed at Night, or how a bandwagon started. However, we are far more confident with our suspicions, because we can see "Well _____ lynched our Ranger," or "Kath's a wolf, let's see what she said about people."

The nature of this game, you could not do that. We could not see who died and what their role is, in the actual (physical) results that might not seem to be a big deal. We lynched 3 wolves and we supposedly were doing it blind. But emotionally (or mentally) it was a strain...you couldn't say "Nogrod led a bandwagon against an innocent McCaber, and didn't vote for Shasta." Well you could (obviously I did) but it didn't seem much, when you didn't know McCaber's or Shasta's role.

I can't say if it was a big disadvantage or an advantage for us, but I can say that probably caused the tense game late in the DLs. As we primarily had to rely on what people said, and how people acted/reacted throughout the entire game. It was like a game where every day was Day 1. That's not a bad thing, I think it was different and challenging at times, but it certainly made the game feel more personal, because we were suspecting people on their actions (which actions were "innocent" and which were not) and not because "you lynched 3 innocents and have been defending wolf-Mac all game." I think that just made this game feel more personal, not necessarily a bad thing, but it was easier to forget in this game, that it was well...just a game.