View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #1364
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I don't know why you guys keep on playing werewolf time after time. But I know why I am doing it.

It's a social thing of course and it's fun to meet you people in new games and just share the experience.

It's also a game of winning or losing therefore creating adrenaline and team-effort (even if as goodies it's hard to get that working - but when it does it's just splendid!). That is always fun as well (whatever the end-result is).

But I also do love the possibility of deducing things from what people have said and done. And when you suddenly realise: "Haa, X said this and formerly she said that - and because she voted for Y at that point but then tried to avoid Z being lynched... hmm... that must mean she's a wolf!", it's just soo great a feeling - especially if you get it right...

So I must say I also love the "intellectual-side" of this game. The power of reasoning, the possibility of catching the wolves and their schemes - or pulling out a scheme to outwit the villagers if being a wolf.

Why all this, then?

Well to my surprise I realised on the last few Days of this game that even in a game insane enough where nothing is told to us we can still make reasoned theories and build backed-up arguments! That was just great!

So sad if some of you thought I must be a baddie of some sort because I hung around to the wee hours with my computer, for it was only being excited about the possibility of actually being able to deduce something in a game like this!

Sadly as well, I was so wrong with my theory concerning Izzy vs. Gwath - even if I had also entertained quite seriously it the other way and even laid the reasons out why it could be the other way...

And even if I understand (or think I do) what Boro means and can sympathize with his view, I think I will side with Brinn on this one. You made good decisions in hard situations making this game an unforgettable one - no matter who won or lost. And that I think is in the last stance the most important thing - that we have fun.

If the game would have ended with Gwath being modfired and Mac giving up without his ranger-stunt - and missing the last Days altogether (when it actually started to be really interesting)... well it would have been a great victory for the village but much less interesting or mind-boggling game it turned out in the end.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote