View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 07:49 AM   #1
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
White Tree Yet Another Baby Wight Born

Keeping with the good tradition of this site that has created so many couples and, in notable number of cases, has led to producing a new generation of Barrow-Downer offspring, I would like to announce with great joy the birth of Thinlómien and Legate of Amon Lanc's baby daughter.

Her due date was officially 22nd September, but as a debatable screenwriter once wrote, a Wizard is never late, nor is she early, she arrives precisely when she means to. We therefore did not exactly make it for Cormarë, but nonetheless - the little one is now with us and we hope that in time, she would not frown on her parents' interests but perhaps find her own joy in them (or even join this very community, if we dared to hope - that would create already a third-generation 'Downer in one family, which would truly be something).

Keeping with the Finnish custom of naming children usually only a couple of weeks or months after birth, I cannot share a name with you, but I can tell you that much that, unsurprisingly, Tolkien referrences have been heavily considered among our options.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote