View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 09:16 PM   #2135
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
I appreciate mirth too, but my family, my mother especially, will come to incorrect conclusions about how characters are by their movie counterparts. It drives me nuts.
My mother has read LOTR and TH, and she likes them (especially LOTR). My father has glancingly seen the movies and heard snippets of the books. He barely knows anything about the story except that there's a ring involved. However, it would happen when I was reading bits of it out loud to my siblings several years ago, that he'd come in at the precise moment when some ruffian would be speaking none too eloquently. He would then ask me if it's really a good idea to read a book to my siblings which is written with such crude language. I don't think he believed me that it's actually very well-written and has lovely flowing language, but this character was meant to sound rude and uncreative.