View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 11:36 AM   #438
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
What madness have I done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I know I've been really quiet of late; I thought I was just generally low on energy, but it turns out I was putting it all into a daft little Edwardian murder mystery story. Now the draft is done, I suddenly feel able to reply here. [Facepalm] I am not very self-aware.
Hey! Go Sherlock Holmes and (early-set) Agatha Christie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
The reason I was asking is that I want the first 'after' image to be Finrod's empty throne, tying in with the opening lines ("I don't see these stone-carven walls/For I know that you are not there"). That means, if there's a long intro, I would need to draw something for it, and I figured it would be a good place to tell the rest of the Lay of Leithian. But I didn't know whether I needed to plan for that.
If you think we should include the rest of the Lay, then I can easily make it a long one. But equally, if you don't particularly want to do it, I can make it brief. I'm happy to follow whatever picture plan you will pick for when we get there. In fact, I will try to actively NOT plan that part until we get there, so that I would still go down any path with equal ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
And luckily there is nothing happening on the Downs to distract you from it! ^_~
I know! I was hoping to finish it before WW starts, under the premise of one guilty pleasure at a time. I made a desperate bid for it today during lunch break, and timing-wise I have all of it until the end, but both the music and the singing will need to be redone. Didn't have time to do Thingol's part, sorry, but hopefully it makes sense; next time I go to record I'll make sure to add his part to see how it sounds when they duet.

In terms of the music, I was trying too hard to put madness into Madness, and now I don't like it. Its too much, I'm gonna take a bunch of that out probably. The interlude is shorter, but only by like 1 bar. If you think it's too long, I could probably cut a few more bars off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I've always seen this line as tinged with regret. He's not justifying himself to Melian - he's saying a combination of 'I don't want her to be this way' and 'I wish I'd realised sooner how different [or alike!] we are'. For that, 'but' works better than 'and'.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
And even then in shadowed hall
I'll face the mightiest of all
And I will take what is and always has been mine!

-Luthien Tinuviel, Finrod: The Rock Opera

---

Have you burned the ships that could bear you back again?

---

In the hour when slumber calls / And the cloak of Night dulls the air
I don’t see these stone-carven walls / For I know that you are not there.

~Finrod: The Rock Opera
These three are probably my favourite. As a true one-liner, that line from Amarie is actually brilliant. I was initially only considering Finrod-related quotes, but actually that one of Luthien's is also quite nice. Aaahhh! Too much of a good thing? :-D