View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 04:56 PM   #415
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I also realized after I finished recording multiple takes that I'm not very consistent with double consonants. Sometimes I pronounce them as double, and sometimes I don't make the distinction. How noticeable is that, and do I need to fix it?
Well... I didn't notice it. So I think it's fine? I'm pretty sure I'm pronouncing 'cene' as 'cen-ne', so...

Quote:
Here's the take I was most happy with. Let me know if anything stands out.
I spliced this in this morning and have no complaints. The Thing is... maybe half done?

Quote:
Fascinating! So distinguishing a natural death from an unnatural one. I suppose that also makes perfect sense with Elvish "physiology", with both willing and unwilling deaths a possibility. I suppose very few mortals have "willing" deaths, but there are still natural deaths that I suppose can be likened to wearying of the world, or a weakening hold on the world, as opposed to untimely unnatural deaths.
I guess it depends how ancestral that Numenorean thing with willingly giving up your life is. Maybe all Edain did it, right up until whichever Tar decided to stop!

Quote:
You follow your schedule, I'll try to follow mine, and maybe we'll finish this before the Sun fails and the Moon is dead?

Speaking of that, I am sadly not making good progress on Aria. I was definitely overexcited for it, and I'm getting the same problem as with Oath and Renunciation: I can write the notes, but it doesn't sound right. I kept trying to fix it, but I might just erase the whole thing and start from scratch.
Oh dear. :-/ Having completely thrown out the original character portraits that one time, I completely understand - but that doesn't make it any less painful.

Quote:
PPS: forgot to mention: in Minions, around 1:07, there is a little flash of minion which I am not sure was intentional. Just wanted to bring it up.
Oh bother. :-/ Yeah, their fade-in effect sometimes drifts slightly, leaving them visible right at the start. I'll fix it soon.

Quick question: in the event that any other male singing voices turn out to exist, I've obviously snagged Finrod as the one I'm keeping for myself. Is there one of the female leads you'd like to similarly mark as yours? Just in case I actually stumble across a singer who's interested.

EDIT: I've fixed the Minions, and updated the doc to match. Found a similar issue in the ongoing Quenya Lament, so I'll make sure to keep an eye on it from now on!

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 03-15-2021 at 03:00 AM.
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote