View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 08:04 AM   #408
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Right, blame it all on me Take note, next time I go to record this will be sung.
^_^ Well then, I'll mention that the full translation is on the end of the Libretto now. About half of the verse-stanzas have an extra syllable in the last line, but other than that it should scan nicely. I'm quite pleased to have gotten to use 'telconta', 'palantir', 'voronwe', and 'aure entuluva' (Day shall come again!), as well as sneaking the plural of 'huine' in towards the end.

Quote:
(I also have this vision in my mind where after we get through all the real stuff, we also record the best snippets of the parodies, crossovers, Elvish, and whatever else we come up with in the meantime as a bloopers reel. The fact that I'm planning a bloopers reel when I can't even get though half of the music in... 9 months?... is perhaps a sign of arrogance, or impatience, but it might be the carrot to get me going faster...)
Oh absolutely. Possibly some of my live-action experiments too; it'll be fun!

(Honestly, 9 months to score half a musical isn't bad going!)

Quote:
Aaaaaaaand Thingol takes the mic! I had to do a few takes before I could get Thingol to sound dignified. Or, if that's not the right word for it, perhaps self-important would do. See if he sounds okay, I'm more than happy to fiddle around with the style there.
This is good! I'll see if I can get it recorded and maybe even animated tonight. I didn't hear any problems.

Quote:
I am so excited for Melian! ^.^ I was looking forwards to this for a very long time, and I hope I don't disappoint myself if my musical efforts don't live up to my expectations. In terms of the flow, my goal is to make it so that every piece from Renunciation till the end of Aria can easily be combined to go right after each other without pause. Quarrel starts on the same note as Renunciation ends, they could be glued together without pause. I will do a several second transition to Melian's 4-liner, which will be a separate document for speed and instrument purposes. Which would then seamlessly transition to the Aria proper with only a brief pause. If it is to be split up into separate videos, though, I think it would be easier to combine both Tonguelashing parts together rather than stick the 4-liner after Quarrel. But if you feel that we should stick to the original script on this, I can re-plan the transitions so that there's not so much hanging expectation between "grace of Eru" and "with single wave". Much easier to re-plan than to rewrite.

Also, speaking of Melian's 4-liner, I recall a distant discussion on her opening line, and I think we were trying to make it match her Duet lines. So, I did my homework, and came up with "O my husband dear, how your course runs ill" as a potential alternative to put on the drawing board.
Perfectly happy for all Melian's parts to be a single track; I think we've got them that way in the Libretto nowadays too. I've also put in your suggested line; I mean you're the one singing it! It puts the mid-line breath back where it should be, right? As well as matching the other copies of the line.

A thought: since we're literally halfway through making a movie here, might it be sensible to get the thread moved to the Movies forum (or perhaps leave the original parodies here and split off the Zonging)? I always feel slightly worried about pushing away the preview for other Mirth threads.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote