View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #53
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I am here and looking at it, surprisingly enough, I haven't missed much, it seems. Like, one page, yes, but basically full of nothing. That's actually rather unusual. Normally there is a bit more of "something" among the "nothing" by this time. Either that, or there is less of the "nothing".

In any case, as for what Nog had said, he is of course right. Last game, I have said something which, in my opinion, should be upheld every game, if possible. I said something like that I am fine with everybody posting in-character or (like in this case) just banter for a while, but not for more than one or two post per each person (and that said, people actually DID it!). This time, I believe many of the people have exceeded it by a lot already. Like I said, no problem with having fun for a while, but if everybody keeps doing it for the whole game, we don't get anywhere. So I suggest to everyone: after second post at most, scratch it and start talking about something relevant (or at least, put SOMETHING relevant into your post).

A few general comments concerning the rules - as it's been said, there will be a lot more uncertainity in this game. I sort of take it for granted that the Gifteds will try to announce their roles to us before they die (in case they didn't manage to do it beforehand), so that it prevents unnecessary confusion. The Wolves might lie, of course, and the Cobblers will lie no doubt, but at least we will be sure that a person who dies after saying "I am the Seer/Ranger/Hunter" is not an Ordo, or vice versa (that's the most important part, I believe): like, we will know that an Ordo who dies is either an Ordo or a Wolf or Cobbler, but not a Gifted. Might give at least a bit more of guidance.

Likewise, voting - voting especially is now going to be a BIG problem, because it will take quite a lot of time until we can start making these pretty lists with even the very basic information like "on Day 2 this and this person voted for a known innocent". However, that does not mean we should refrain from making such lists, and comparing them with different options. (A pity Mac himself is not playing, I am sure he will enjoy it, as that's basically trying the same equation with different value set for unknown x.)

General comments on people... not much to comment on this far, apart from a few "basic" people. Phantom acts like Phantom, whatever he is, and Lottie acts weird to the point of looking like a Cobbler. Though I wonder if a Cobbler in this game wouldn't be a bit more reserved, given that they can stir a lot of confusion simply by existing and being unknown. At least at start. Lottie seems like just coming and making a mess from the beginning, absolutely uncoordinately. There are several people who haven't been playing for some time, which is nice, but it will probably take a bit more time to find out how/if their style has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Shall we treat this as your pre-season picks? So you can change your mind about these picks at any time you wish and be able claim you were right. Or if you change your mind and happen to be wrong, you can always go back to your pre-season picks and claim "SEE! I told you! I had them right from the very beginning!"
I am not sure, like, was that a serious accusation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel View Post
"Nog basically said everything I had in mind." - Aganzir

I can't remember if this is a traditional alliance, but right now I don't like it; or rather, I dislike it more expressly than anything else so far. I don't see it as wolf no. 1 shoring up wolf no. 2; but it does look a bit like finding a nice convenient protective elder brother...
I don't see any problem with that, it can be simply a statement of fact. If somebody basically says everything you had in mind, well, you can just forward people to that (especially if it's just two posts ago) instead of repeating it. What else would you do, repeat it again? So no, I don't see anything special about that.

Okay, so that's it for now... speaking of that: I am sort of apologising in advance, I am afraid that I won't be as active in this game as I would like to due to RL obligations (I'm just in the middle of my exam term), but I will certainly post at least a couple of times per Day. So that's just to know... but well, a brain needs to relax. (Relax? Hm...)

Will check back later...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote