View Single Post
Old 07-15-2002, 08:15 AM   #38
navmarien

Sting

She had seen the bald man in the bar earlier, and he seemed to have a sadistic streak that even came close to rivalling Himelilek's own. Ollea sensed the wolf as well as the others; it was of the Elf-lords themselves, and following close. did it hear these plans calling for wolf-meat? A wolf's hearing was extraordinary, but was it close enough?
"My, what a solemn little monk you have here, Himelelik!" the sneering voice of the bald man broke her train of thought, and he reached out to shove what he thought was a small young man. Faster than he could see his hand was seized, and twisted hard enough to make him wince, a feat when you were dealing with a barbarian's pride.
"why you lit-" Still thinking he was dealing with a mortal, he raised the battle-ax he carried, preparing to swing. Ollea raised her chin defiantly, loosening her hold on her powers, allowing her eyes to seem like two bright blue flames. Ozracles took a step back in shock, shock that grew when the young man lowered his hood to became an Elven maiden whose face seemed set in stone.
Himelelik laughed at the sight of the mighty barbarian frozen in shock at being bested by something half his size. "Not all elves will donate easily to your collection," she laughed lightly, refering to the elven-ear necklace Ollea had seen him show Himelelik in the bar. "Lady Stormfire here has enough patience to warn you of your foolishness. I most often will not." She stopped laughing abruptly, a dark element coming into her manaical grin. Dineniel eyed the dark elf uneasily.
Relax, she sent to the horse thief. just try not to speak with her more than you have to and she will leave you alone. I've dealt with her before. The horse thief appeared to relax slightly, but it was hard to tell.
"So are we hunting a wolf or not?" Ozracles said gruffly, trying to regain his composure. "Of course," Himelelik said merrily. "Lead on."
Time was running out. Replacing her hood, Ollea sent a frantic message to the wolf, taking great caution that her companions catch not even a faint whisper of it, especially not Himelelik. Friend of Doriath, this is Lady Stormfire. Doubtless it is that you have heard of a plot among these people, but i have this one. You need to get back, they sense you. I suggest you hurry.