View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #1400
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendė View Post
So, the Barrow-Downs is revealed as having an Establishment of its very own! It has a Lincoln's Inn Fields and a Whitehall - superb! This must mean there are also Wightish civil servants, and an M'eye'5! *groan* But this begs the question - if the B-W is the Prime Minister, then who is the Queen who he and the Establishment serves?
The matter of the Wightish Monarchy will be dealt with... probably in volume 4 or 5. Which, by the by, I spent the other day planning out when I should have been doing coursework.
I think Downs' Civil servants will be looked into in a future volume. I had a little idea I don't mind sharing with you. Basically, different aspects of Downs society would be looked into in each volume;

Vol 2: Police
Vol 3: Funeral directors
Vol 4: Medicine
Vol 5: Civil servants.

In most of these instances, it is Alien who annoys the heck out of the respective people.

Oh, and the Downs' Spy type thing is called 'BI-5'. Barrow Inteligence section 5. They have a sort of rivalry with the CIA, 'Cann-Dum Inteligence Agency'. Yeah, that was a running 'joke' in the newspaper. I toyed with the idea of The Phantom joining BI-5 in volume 3, but it didn't pan out.

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 11-29-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote