View Single Post
Old 08-06-2003, 07:17 PM   #187
Dyrnwyn, Sword of Flame

Pipe

The Hobbit woman took Caligon to the counter and, after paying her three copper pieces, had him sign the guest book. She then took him up the stairs to the 'Big Folk' rooms and asked him if he prefered a room facing East, or a room facing West.

"I'd prefer an Eastern view, good madame. I always enjoy watching the Sun rise in the morning." She gave him a bit of a queer look. "I, uh... I awake early," he said. "East room it is, then," she said, and unlocked the door.

They both walked inside, and Caligon unbuckled his sword belt. He lay the sword and belt on a chair against the wall by the door. "Do you have any other luggage, sir?" the Hobbit-lass asked. "Er, yes... I do. It's in the stables with my horse. It'll be fine there for now. I'll go and retrieve it later. Thank you very much," Caligon said, with a polite little smile. He was much too tired to go and get his things just then, and didn't want to be a bother to anyone.

"Alright then, good sir. My name is Buttercup. If you need anything, just come down stairs," said she, with a smile. Buttercup then handed Caligon the key, and walked out of the room shutting the door behind her.

Caligon removed his breast-plate and his shirt-linens, and lied down on the bed. In mere moments he drifted into unconciousness.