Thread: My Secret Vice
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #16
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar View Post
Problem I've had, even with clear tape, is that the pages within fall out - those that my one daughter hasn't torn.
Hence the necessity for the extremely careful holding.

I only own one set of duplicates. I have two copies of The Hobbit. One of them is the hardback edition with Alan Lee's foggy and washed out illustrations and the other is the one I actually read from because the hardback is so darn big its impossible to actually use. (Does anybody else have this problem with large hardbacks? Not only do you not want to use them, if you try you find that you really can't very well.)

I honestly rather regret getting the hardback, but it does look awfully pretty and pretentious sitting there on my shelf next to the rest of the rabble of my tattered tomes.