View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 08:18 AM   #52
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I had the hobbit read to me by my dad when I was seven, that what started this all off, his amazing gollum voice it was soooo scary! So really me being a LOTR freak is his fault so he can't complain or at least shouldn't but is now!

Anyway.. I read LOTR when I was 12, and have since read it about 20 times. I've read the silm that's my fav about 15 time. It takes longer than LOTR cause I end up having to draw charts to remember who is who and then lose them before I read it again and so have to make another! I've read Unfinshed tales about twice and loved it, I need to reread it soon. I read Farmer Giles of Ham, Adventures of Tom Bombadil, Of Tree and Leave(that's the one I'm proud of cause it has a huge essay on fairy tales which you have to read),Smith of Wooton major (love that one)and the homecoming of Beorthnoth, at least twice each if not more.

I've read most of the HoME and LOVED number ten the best!

I read my Tolkien beastary and the Tolkien encyclopedia nearly everyday(just bits) and have to admit to reading them all the way through at least twice.

And I'm currently looking for the last HoME would you believe it Number One the only one I haven't read. When I've found and read it I'm going to buy them all in a nice addition or maybe ask for them for christmas though my parents thing I'm strange so I may not get them!

All this in only...ummm..well I'm 15 now so that makes it 8 years! WOW, time slips by doesn't it!