View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 10:25 AM   #21
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Appeal - more-or-less-final.

I love the entrance part, and I love Beren's "I ask: give me men" stanza. I knew what I wanted to do with that one from the start, and the whole song was building up to that point. I think it turned out pretty good. My least favourite part is "Carefree is the life" - it still sticks out as a bit bland or at best sarcastic, when I think Beren here is feeling more genuinely betrayed than casually cynical.

Going through my files for Minions, I found: revised music, and revised minion choir, which - now I remember - was made hilariously Gollumesque because I screwed up the microphones and it was accidentally recorded through the worst one I have. I was quite bummed about it at the time but perhaps it was serendipitous, depending on how comical or Christmas Elves-like the Minions are meant to sound. I could redo them in more creepy voices if we wanna go for creepy instead of cute little Gollums.

I think I also have Aria re-singing files lying around somewhere. Gotta look through those as well at some point.

As for Les Mis remakes, I think you might enjoy this one.