View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 09:45 AM   #3
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Before I started on the new ("new") chapters I had to go back and read the old(er) ones, and I have another favourite line: "They are under no pressure to grow, so they take their time." It's exactly the sort of thing Tolkien might have written about elven children; it really is perfect.

EDIT:

So, she didn't want to be bothered with learning the hobbits' speech. Excuse us, the stupid hobbits' speech. Well, fine.

Ah, elves. ^_^

The scene by the stream in Chapter 4 is perfectly charming (for all Noldo and Sindo are fighting). Then we hit Chapter 5, and the calling, and it all gets a bit... alien, but in a good way.

And then Chapter 6 perfectly blends the two. We have Hobbit-conversations about alien, Elvish matters, and an Elf whose circumstances feel more and more human/Hobbitish. I'm very much looking forward to the next chapters when I get the time.

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 06-08-2021 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Added chapters 4-6 review.
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote