View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 08:45 AM   #12
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I've just listened to this and it's such fun. I can't tell whether you're planning an outro, but the slam-cut on the last line is just fantastic as-is (and would be a perfect straight-to-black). I'll try and record Thingol to go with it and get at least a first-pass of the animation done, but not sure when.
*happy noises*
I haven't done any work on this since WW started. But eventually - I also did not imagine an outro there, it would cut at the moment it stops now. I was tinkering with the idea of using the echo function on Audacity to make "done!" echo a couple times, but just voice without the music. I haven't experimented with it yet. Maybe it's better to cut the voice there too. Dunno. But I am very excited about this when I get back to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
So I can't comment on the French except to note that I can make sense of most of it, but I can say that it's very singable. There's a couple of lines that catch me - I think a lot of them want me to pronounce a final -e as a separate syllable - but by and large it flows beautifully. Fingolfin's verse in particular is just perfectly biting (and I always appreciate a good maintenant).
Hmm. The only time I make use of the poetic French allowance for pronouncing silent end syllables is with "chaine". The rest I think is legit pronunciation. The stuff ending in -er has a pronounced final syllable. Except, because French pronunciation makes a lot of sense, the nouns ending on -er (eg fer) actually sound like -er, as opposed to the infinitive -er verbs (eg oser), which sound like -eh, making them only half-rhymes. Welcome to Whose French Is It Anyway, where the phonetics are made up and the spelling don't matter.

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that "frere brulant" is more likely to mean "burning brother" than "flaming/fiery brother". Which is not untrue, just a bit early in the story. ^.^

Maybe I'll sing it, when I fix the mic! To test out the tech for Aria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
It occurs to me, now that Urwen is around again, that we've gone wrong by trying to tie Les Mis to the Fall of the Noldor when it's quite clearly the Fall of Gondolin.

Not to mention the Downfall of Numenor!

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the song of angry Men?
It is the music of the mortals
Who will NOT face death again!