View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 05:45 PM   #3
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Silmaril Good Questions...

Well, for your first question. Yes and both no. One thing that Tolkien has a habit is that he does not provide us with full birthdate, time of birthdate, location of birthdate, ect. Which are very important in astrology. But, there are loopholes you might say. If you know about your twelve major signs, and what sets them apart from others (characteristics) then you will find this very fun. As for birthdates, the only one provided (Besides both Bilbo and Frodo) is that of Aragorn and he is born on March 1, which would make him a Pisces, the Compassionate. I promise not to become too complicated in my teachings so, this will be just the basics of astrology. When i do have a well educated team, then we will get a little more into the inner mechanisms.

For you second question, yes you will have to write about your findings and thoughts. Giving an explanation is also part of it. So, basically, support your facts or findings. As for fun, well, expecting this from me and how i only hang around in middle earth mirth, yes there's going to be many jokes about some of our findings.

If you are interested in learning before a team is essembled, check these resources out. They are a great help:

www.astrologycom.com i swear everytime that this site was written by a student of the great Isabel M. Hickey. Sometimes i find direct quotes. On a rating of one to ten on factual and strait-forward info. this site is a ten of great acheivement.

Books: Most factual astrology info. (that isn't a big waste of publication) are some of the older books. try to avoid books that specify only on one aspect (ex. " Ted's Guide to Sun signs in the north node"). This for you as a beginner will confuse you beyond belief. Below are some books that are tried and tested and get my seal of believeable:

What's Your Sign? A Cosmic Guide for Young Astrologers
by Madalyn Aslan, Jennifer Kalis
yes, yes, you may be thinking "i'm not a kid!" But, believe me, it will help you out alot. This is wonderful first steps for any beginner wether you're 7 or 67. It explains the who, what ,when, where and why. It also, unlike most astrology explains the greek orgins of the signs. very, very good resource.

Heaven Knows What: Do Your Own Horoscope in Just 30 Minutes! (Llewellyn's Popular Astrology Series)
by Grant Lewi
This book is the ULTIMATE resource for any beginner. i absolutely love this book. Clear to the point, down to earth, Lewi explains every thing to you with ease. Confidguring youre birth chart is as easy as matching shapes with this book. I suggest that you read this as your first book.(this book is a second addition but, still the same as the first. The only difference is that the older one says, "in just 15 minutes"

Intuitive Astrology : Follow Your Best Instincts to Become Who You Always Intended to Beby ELIZABETH ROSE CAMPBELL

most beginner's and even professionals think that your horoscope is set in stone, and that's how it will always be. Yeah, right! This book gives a unique look at some of the most forgotten basics of astrology. this book gives clear steps as to how to read signs, houses, ect. with ease, also how to understand yourself or other signs. A good book for the beginner with some experience with other authors or, just little experience.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote