View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 04:00 PM   #39
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
The Hobbits aren't simple
The hobbits were all used to living very simple lives, & were themselves somewhat simple. Not talking fools or anything like that, but I'd have to say that the hobbits were deffinitly simple.

Quote:
So I think this gold-greed would infact be a reason for Gimli to not be one to succumb.
Well, like I said in my last post, I doubt many more (if any more) would've been taken by the Ring after Boromir being taken out-but-I still have to disagree with what you said about Gimli in the quote above. I think you're right that Gimli would've resisted the Ring's power quite long, but I think he'd have resisted the Ring's promise of power, not necessarily the Ring itself. 'So I think this gold-greed would infact be a reason for Gimli to not be one to succumb' But if he caught this 'gold-greed', would that not then make him lust after the Ring? The Ring was of gold (obviously), and it apparently didn't look to shabby either. I think the Ring would've gotten Gimli on it's treasure aspect more than it's power aspect.
If it got him at all :P.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote