View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 06:06 PM   #36
Olorin_TLA
Shade of Carn Dűm

Olorin_TLA has just left Hobbiton.
Pippin would NEVER TAKE the ing from Frodo. If it was just lying, abandoned, for a while...I daresay he would have, in the end, picked it up, probably just to go invisible and see what it was like. But niehter he nor any of the other Hobbits would have taken it by force. Just look at Sam.

I actually think it would have been Gnadalf or Aragorn. HOWEVER, I also think that they might never become corrrupted...but if I HAVE to choose, I say them. Simply because if it went to Minas Tirith with them, faced with the situations G & A find themselves in, they NEED the Ring for victory, and Gandlaf certainly nearly toys with the idea of using it in Minas Tirith, and is glad that it's gone. If Frodo had been in Minas Tirith when all hope of survvial had blakcened to ash, it may only have been a matter of time before Gandlaf or Aragorn took the Ring, convincing themselves that it was for the best of everyone...

Gimli or Legolas though, well they aren't as "responsible", in a way, as G&A are for Gondor.

Alas for Boromir, whom I too loved!

ELENDIL! - Join "Forth Tolkiengas!"

Last edited by Olorin_TLA; 05-02-2004 at 06:10 PM.
Olorin_TLA is offline   Reply With Quote