View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 01:03 PM   #4
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Quote:
Video gaming
Quote:
the comic-book movie (Spider-Man, Hulk), the sci-fi epic (The Matrix, Star Wars) and the wizard fantasy (Harry Potter).
Quote:
fantasy junkies who thrill to Lord of the Rings
Quote:
sci-fi aficionados
Quote:
largest market for Simpsons
Incredible. I'm a nerd several times over. It seems that these days you cannot be passionate about something without being classified as a Geek, Nerd, Brainiac, or just plain Wierd.

I know what Linux is, I play an instrument, and I grew up watching Indiana Jones and Star Wars, so I'm a Geek. I watch Star Trek and Jeopardy, and I know what the Divine Ratio is, so I'm a Nerd. I enjoy literature and I remember odd trivia, so I'm a Braniac. And of course I draw too much, listen to heavy metal and hardcore music, wear my jeans until they fall apart, and would rather eat paste than supervise 4th graders (not that I did that recently [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )... that gets me a Wierd in the eyes of the Cool people. Sadly the Cool people are the same ones who all listen to the same music, think knowledge is a waste of time and have relationships that last a week.

It saddens me that you can't love something without being considered an obsessive outcast.

Fea