View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 03:48 AM   #265
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Silmaril

Now that's not at all a reaction I would expect from an innocent sally. You seem almost resigned to the fact you're going to be lynched today. And if you are innocent than I don't think you would be trying to guilt trip and make us feel uneasy that you now act resigned to your fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
As for these accusations against me, I hope you don't think me foolish enough to kill someone suspecting me on the first night of a game. That's rather offensive, to be honest. I welcome accusations, though of course when I'm innocent, as I am now, votes not so much.
I never like this defense "Do you think I'd be that foolish/dumb to Night kill someone suspecting/voting for me. That's offensive." It is very much a guilt trip, to try to make us feel bad that a wolf "couldn't be that foolish/obvious." Why is it foolish for wolves to target someone if they suspect they are the seer?

Hindsight reveals he wasn't, but that doesn't change the fact he was the wolves first kill and they don't know who the Seer is. If he turned out to be the seer, I guarantee you (if you are a wolf) wouldn't be trying to make us feel like we're being offensive. We've all done it (well, excluding Soriman, hopefully we haven't scared you away! We are very odd people and ghosts). We've all thought we picked up a sign from someone at some point about their role, like "Boro has to be the seer" and if the wolves thought that Night 1, I'm dead instead of Form.

What particularly doesn't make sense is...

Quote:
I think Morsul is more misguided than evil, though innocents can do just as much damage if acting on the wrong information, as he is now.
So, knowing that out of 3 (Morsul, sally, Pitch) at least one is a wolf. When Morsul learns this, his reaction was a quick trigger response "I'm innocent, it's not me, so going with the 50/50 plunge for the person most suspicious out of the two. Which, doesn't say anything about his role, but it is an understandable reaction to have.

Your reaction is quite different.

Quote:
Hopefully we can put this behind us and not lynch an innocent (read, me).
Ok, understandable, like Morsul this wouldn't say anything about your role. But what I don't understand is you are inclined to think Morsul is a misguided innocent, but say nothing about Pitch? So, if at least 1 of 3 has to be a wolf, from your perspective it's not you, you don't think it's Morsul, which means an innocent sally would start suspecting Pitch? Yet you do not do this, your reaction is very much resigned to the fact you will be lynched. An innocent sally in our situation knowing we really need a wolf today, wouldn't just sacrifice herself like this.

So...are you a sacrificial wolf, because Pitch is also a wolf and you are hoping we move away from Pitch after your lynch?