View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 08:34 PM   #54
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring Bearer View Post
The colour scheme is indeed very comfortable.
Seems like you use British English as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Even in these latter days, if you say we have six active members left, I'd say that those six would break down to two Brits, two Canadians, an American, and a non-native-English European.

(Those are very unscientific statistics and should absolutely not be scrutinised, but ANOTHER of the strengths of this site--and strength of 2000-era forums at their best in general--was that it was and is truly international.)

Of course, as Tolkien fans, I daresay we're slightly biased in favour of British spellings in general--or, as I call them, Canadian spellings.
When I joined this site in 2000 (I know it says 2002 by my name but that was because I couldn't find a post I did on the old board when this was updated) , I was an American living in the high mountains of Washington state. I did not use the useless 'u' vowel in words, and I gave proper use to the letter 'z'. These days, I'm an American ex-pat living in Australia, and my laptop is set for Australian English so it autocorrects to excess vowels and disses the letter 'z' with the use of 's'.
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote