View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #92
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, it looks like this thorough readthrough is taking longer than I was hoping. I'm barely 2/3 through the first page, but here are some thoughts:

- The early-Day banter seems really weird toDay, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one sorcerer (looks like I need to learn how to spell that word properly too!) among them. It also seems quite intermingled with some of the discussions, which I think deserve looking at:
  • Serverman- Very limited, all banter
  • Invisibility- Zil suggested it seriously, but Cop turned it into banter in a way that makes me uncomfortable.
  • Wolf numbers - Brought up by Coppermirror (possibly as banter?) and is then turned more serious by Nerwen. Nerwen thinks 4, Kath thinks 3, Coppermirror doubtfully suggests 4 and Greenie just said to wait for Sally's confirmation, which could be wolvishly non-committal, or just sensible.
  • Rule of 3 - Quite messy, and there's not much time until DL, but to me Greenie dismissing it out of hand could either be helpful to the village or a wolf trying to appear as such, and Legate's lengthy post on it seems suspicious. Since Cop apparently didn't know about it, I think Lommy's suspicion of her based on that is unfounded, but not very suspicious.

Beyond that, I'm not too keen on Legate trying to echo (non-existent) support for aiming for Saruman, when clearly that's impossible to do.

Ok, so this is really rare for me on a Day 1, but some strong suspicions have jumped out at me:

I think it's quite likely that at least one of Legate and Coppermirror is a sorcerer. Both sides of their back-and-forth about the wolf-on-wolf messages seem quite suspicious to me. It might be a bit bold for sorcerers to do this, but some early distancing is usually quite a good tactic for them.

In fact, if I were to pick a wolf-pack from the posts I've read so far, I would guess, Legate, Cop and Greenie. Greenie seems maybe a bit too clean for my liking, and if Cop and Legate are a pack, then they've got exactly the right sort of dynamic between them, with Greenie indirectly supporting Cop and Legate distancing himself from Greenie with a suspicion.

Also, on a side note, Zil seems innocent for possibly the first time ever, which worries me a lot.