View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 08:15 PM   #608
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Beauty!

I will add Heart and all the other links to the top post. And going through that post, looks like we also had links for the Quenya Nainie, the live actions for Oath and Renunciation, and a straight run of the first 4 songs (which as I recall still had old visuals and is probably scrap anyways except for historic value because the art is different and because Doriat Duet will need to be redone).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Heart is inches from done, you've sketched the Prison Duet, and now you're working on Hate - we really are getting towards the end! (Oh, and I see I did the background for the Showdown too - I'd forgotten that, but I like it.)
You know, I'm starting to feel like the final stretch is gonna take as long as all the rest put together. :/ Long-term projects are /hard/. We'll get there at some point. I know we will. But it makes me feel down when I don't get to check off a point for some arbitrary deadline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Actually, speaking of the artwork... I'm happy with the backgrounds, but are there any characters you think I need to redo? This moment, when everything is being fiddled with anyway, is the perfect time to work on that, and the art is old enough that I'm willing to go back to them if you think they need it.
Hmm. There are characters I seriously like, who I'd be loathe to see go, which Cel&Cur topping that list. Who could I see being fiddled with... Galadriel maybe? I like the white-and-gold concept but I feel like with her being one of the earlier drawings she's a bit less detailed than the others. If you feel like making more drafts, she might be a candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
And while we're at it: were there any songs you'd reworked? I know we discussed a few, but a quick glance doesn't show me any files I need to work on.
Yes, on the topic of Galadriel - I want to at some point re-sing, and possibly tweak the music on Lament, but I didn't get around to it yet. What other mental notes did I make for myself for musical tweaks? Brain dump time.
- Lament: re-sing, possibly music tweaks. Volume rebalance (Finrod sounds way louder than her).
- Doriath Duet: I would do a complete makeover, if you allow it. Totally change the music. Faster tempo. Melian really needs re-singing. This was an "early draft" which I wrote to be realistically playable by me and not to optimize its musical potential on the computer, and all of this really shows.
- Appeal: this one I actually did tweak! But can't promise to not tweak again. It's the last stanza that's bugging me. This is just the "Appeal proper" section of it, without the intro. They are separate files which I just slapped on to each other, with no particular measurement for the gap in between. If you need the intro audio too, can record that separately.
- Amarie/Ballad: there are a couple notes which I wish I made more forceful and minor little things here and there, and I sometimes threaten to revisit it, but really I'm quite happy to leave it as is. I really love the way you made that song.
- The Feanorian Comedic Relief gives me pure joy right now. And Melian's Aria/Dream/Camp seem alright too. No plans to meddle unless you have requests.
- Minions: only if you think we should change something there. I am not completely certain about that song, it was a style judgement call which I don't know if I did rightly or wrongly, and happy to change music or singing if you feel it needs adjustment.
- Duel: I want to redo the music to also bring it up to par with the newer and fancier songs. I was still trying to write that one realistic, rather than what sounds best on the computer. I promise not to change the length or the tempo, just the instruments.
- Sons: I might redo Luthien's singing in this one. It's surprisingly poor quality of a record. I might just redo it with a different mic.
- Captivity: I adore Sauron and ElfChoir. Elf choir should probably be a bit quieter though, the Elves are singing rather vigorously right now for people on their last breath.
- Wind: if I change anything, it's the flowiness of the intro, to make it less bangy.

Of all these things, I only feel strongly about Duet and Duel. The rest are presentable as is. Are there any that you would like to see tweaked or even fully reworked?