View Single Post
Old 10-16-2022, 06:49 AM   #11
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I want to bring up another point I was thinking about with the season finale, that has been brought up. With Sauron being in Celebrimbor's forge and the process being underway, how is it they're dealing with the fact Sauron "never touched or sullied the 3 Elven Rings."

It's easy to miss because of how rushed and crammed the finale was, but they didn't decide to forge 3 rings until almost the very end. When Halbrand was helping and aiding Celebrimbor in the forge, the plan was to make 1 crown that they would give to Gil-galad. It wasn't until after Galadriel's temptation and refusal of Sauron that Galadriel, Elrond and Celebrimbor decided to forge 3 rings. Galadriel says something like "1 is too powerful for a single person, 2 will divide, 3 there's balance." So, that's why Galadriel doesn't stop the forging of rings process, and how I think they are addressing the "Sauron never touched or sullied the 3 Elven Rings." It wasn't going to be 3 rings until like the last 5 minutes of the episode. Which is problematic from their decision to cram this all into the finale, but not as problematic as Sauron telling Celebrimbor "hey let me help forge some rings." I actually do want to see the finale again relatively soon, because I think it's Celebrimbor who brings up it should be rings for their "circular form". The idea of a circle being the most powerful shape in the world sounds very Tolkienian. I recall old lore threads about the symbolism of circular forms and rings. So, that was a nice touch.

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-16-2022 at 07:31 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote