View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 06:34 PM   #2
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
A few things that I haven't mentioned in the Spoiler thread, which I'm going to use more for my reaction/episode analysis. This one will be nice just to highlight the best tidbits.

-I appreciated that well made orc prosthetics are always superior to CGI. Also that orc was wicked strong, the entire scene I felt like the orc was a real threat. I hope this is how they do depict their orcs in the series. I got bored with The Hobbit's Legolas 101 ways to decapitate an orc. The orc scene in Episode 2, that orc was definitely not canon fodder.

-I loved the the "sinking" of Galadriel's origami boat and how it opened up into a swan. I thought it a clever nod to the Kinslaying of Alqualonde. With the copyright I don't think they could have gotten into details, but readers of the Silm I think would recognize what that scene represents.

-The best bit so far are the Harfoots (Harfeet?) How it showed simple hobbit "magic" to disappear, blend in with their environment and avoid the eyes of Big Folk blundering through. It was a nice and unexpected treat.