View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 06:03 PM   #682
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Just my two cents on the infodrops - I think one way to start balancing them would be to give them after the Ghost has left the Dead Thread. One of the best parts of this game was when the Dead knew more than the Ghost knowing more than the Living, but no way for the Dead to tell the Ghost and limited communication between the Ghost and the Living. Even with the infodrops, the Dead specifically asked GhostHuin to push for Pitch's lynch as our best educated guess, then spent the whole Day panicking about exactly that. Moving the infodumps to the start of the Day phase means the Ghost has even more outdated information, but could also open up new options that don't do much good right away but MAY have a payoff later - "Both Gifteds selected ordos", "The person the Seer dreamed got votes the previous Day", "The Ranger almost selected the wolves' target", etc.

Whatever we decide to do with the infodumps - and I think there's a lot of room for mods to change it up, but they'd have to be very careful with how they do it - the Ghost role was a TON of fun. Looking up quotes and flipping through books trying to quickly find something with just the right connotation, for me personally, was probably the most fun I've had in a werewolf game in a very long time, and it's definitely worth including in future games if at all possible!