View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #36
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I'm still turning the implications of the roles over in my mind here- hope no one minds all this thinking out loud and asking for input. (To our moddess- seriously I find these rules/roles to be quite fun for providing Day 1 musings. Well done. )

Lately I've been contemplating how bold dream recipients could potentially be even in the absence of Amandil. I mean- if last night's recipient admits to it and states the target, what are the baddies going to do about it? Kill him?

I don't think so, as that would then prove the dream-target's innocence/guilt and simultaneously leave Elendil alive for another dream. I'm thinking the KM's would most definitely not attack the dream recipient and target because those are two people guaranteed not to be Elendil.

Under this set up it would be ideal for Elendil to dream of the other gifteds or use them as recipients, as he simply has to be top priority for the Baddies thus they would as a rule shy away from killing his dreams. BUT how would the KMs even find Elendil given that he has zero secret verifiable information to pass on, as he himself is not the recipient? Seriously- I'm almost sorry for them.

And on my earlier point about Isildur just using his power on Day 1, if he does so might he just go ahead and Day 1 reveal? It would give another trustable figure, and also rule out the necessity of bothering to dream of him. The only downside I think would be the KMs could rule him out as Elendil. Any thoughts on this?