View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #21
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Oh, I agree it all works in theory– but participation hasn't been great in recent games, and I can all too clearly imagine a scenario where half the village does those "no time to read the thread, must fly" posts.

Yes– but we do have a Ranger. That's what they're for, after all.

EDIT:x'd with Morsul.
Ah well fair point, but if the purpose is merely to pick three random names- were it to be agree- i'm sure they could manage it in a "fly by post"..which leads me onto your next point about the Ranger as per Boro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Not necessarily. Still only Elendil and Amandil would know the person who was dreamed. Say Elendil chooses Brinn and sends it to the revealed Amandil. Only Elendil and Amandil would know it was Brinn. Amandil wouldn't have directly announce the next day "Brinn is innocent" to let Elendil know this. Amandil can disguise the result easily enough in his posts to let Elendil know the result and thus proceed from there. And as Nerwen pointed out, there's also the Ranger.
Hehe he might have just slipped my mind but yes true i'm sure it could be disguised its just with the Ranger not being able to save the same person twice in a row anyone outed would be dead the night after if the Kings Men so choose or could be eliminated in their hunt for the other special roles if they're prioritising.

I wondering can identities be passed on secretively and successfully or do they often become so cryptic the intended recipient is none the wiser? My point is though the list of three before night falls is still a good idea to continue.
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote