View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 01:10 AM   #11
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
What? Tp with a masterplan! Who'd a thunk?
Ever predictable Phantom....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
a "super-early Amandil reveal" could give Elendil a public voice for his dreams, too, couldn't it?
Quote:
Yes, that could work. And it might force the wolves to try and kill him, too, which would get rid of the main drawback to his revealing.
Ooo, now we're talking.

So- Amandil reveals, Anarion protects him, Elendil sends him a dream tonight, tomorrow Amandil reveals the result, then the night after the King's Men are forced to decide whether to kill him and hand an Ordo a trusted gifted and miss a chance to kill the other Gifteds....

Any drawbacks to that?

And how about my Elendil plan you two? Do you see any drawbacks to everyone randomly listing 3 "guilty" names each day thus providing Elendil a clear indication on whether his dream recipient found his dream target to be guilty?

To use the two of you as an example, Shasta is Elendil and selects Nerwen to dream of Phantom. She finds me to be innocent (but of course ). So the following day she (along with everyone else) posts a 3-name Elendil list- in her case let's say she posts Shasta-Inzil-Morsul.

So Elendil (Shasta) looks at her list and notices that his dream target (Phantom) is not on it, thus clearly indicating that- so long as Nerwen is not a lying baddie, Phantom is innocent.

There's no way the baddies could really spot anything under that system, correct? They certainly couldn't trace it to Elendil, but frankly I don't think they could even spot the dream recipient on a given day, as each person's guilt-list would randomly change every day and there would be bound to be countless correct answers on a given day.
Quote:
Actually that would be heaps of time– better than any village in WW history– but I think your calculations are a little out, there, Morsul.
Yeah- if I'm not mistaken 3 consecutive incorrect lynches will pretty well kill us barring intervention from Gifteds. With the Ranger and a Healer out there though I'm thinking we'll have 4 chances to be wrong.