View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #315
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
The Ozwagon
Important note: many quotes are from much longer posts, often ones in which a large number of other players are mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil
This leads to Green, Nog, Oz and Rik being added to my suspects list, if they were trying to save their fellow wizer by drawing the votes onto Cab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Oz: Voted for McCaber. He suspects Gil then votes McCaber out of nowhere (putting him in the lead). Suspicious.

#196. Nerwen votes Nogrod.

#200. Ozban votes Morsul.

#210.
McCaber votes Rikae

#213.
Brinn votes Volo (Reasons given at ##187.) Adds "I'm still wary of Oz, but I'd like to hear more from him."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Right now I feel the worst about Morsul, Nog, and Cab. I doubt all three are evil, though. Morsul and Cab would be a weird pair, as would Cab and Nog. And I have a nagging feeling that we might well be dealing with a wolf pack of, say, Brinn, Volo and Ozban.

#203 (marked "x'd with Greenie")
Quote:
Looking Suspicious
Volo
Oz

#204. Greenie quotes #203, #204, adds eyeroll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
In all seriousness, though, I'm not sure what to think of Ozban's analysis of Morsul. While I agree with pretty much every point he makes, he seems to make the points with an assumption that Morsul is evil. It's as if he has decided the outcome already before doing the analysis. Then again, I've seen innocents get fixated in that way too, so I don't know.

#207.
Quote:
Oz at least gives better reasoning for his vote toDay compared to yesterDay. (...) Oz's vote doesn't make me any more or less suspicious of him.

#208.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
Ozban put Cab in the lead, and his vote looks worse than the first two.

#213. Brinn votes Volo (Reasons given at #187.)

#216. Lottie votes Morsul (2)

#220. Gil votes Volo

#228.Rikae votes Ozban
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
What is the point of Oz's #142, I wonder? Points out who is tied (Cab, Cop, Nerve and Pom) and " I have a feeling much will change before deadline yet". Well, yeah. Something seems fishy here. It's like he's trying to draw someone's attention to the need for a certain vote.

Now, today, Oz comes in with a case against Morsul based entirely on yesterday's posts. Almost as if he, oh, wrote it during the night, not thinking that the night's events, or today's posts, would give him any new information.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz
I had only limited time to look at Mors's toDay/Night's posts.
Then he votes - a fairly safe vote if I'm not mistaken.

#229.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper
And then there's Ozban, whom I somehow seem to have forgotten about almost entirely until now. Epic failure on my part, how could I do that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Ozban --> McCaber 3 (opportunistic vote and not contributing much
(...)
Ozban posted a very useless 'suspicion' list. I mean, there were plenty of unhelpful recapping posts where all they showed were literally shortened version of what was said with no analysis so this at least was better, but it just went 'everyone is suspicious'. Non-committal. Does come out with own thoughts later.
#231.
Copper posts analysis of Ozban, finding him to be excessively cagey and his votes to be "sudden". Is considering voting him, along with Volo and Morsul.

#235.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
I could vote for Ozban too though. The Morsul vote toNight looks rather fabricated. Coupled with his putting Cab in the lead yesterNight doesn't help him look any better.

#237. Zil votes Ozban (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
After quick deliberation, Gil may be acting too careless for a Wizard. So...

++Ozban

and hope for the best.

#239. Kath votes Morsul (3)

#240. Morsul votes Ozban (3) (x'd since Zil at #237.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
++ Ozban

His vote for me seems to be picking up on other people's suspicion(Which I don't really get but can accept) Seems a little forced and coming from a conclusion first evidence later mentality. Wife's using computer so won't be back before DL.
#241.
Copper votes Ozban (4) (Does not give reason in this post, but see #231. Vote is a tiebreaker.)

#242.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I can understand the concern about Oz, but I honestly don't have the time to go back and look at all of his posts, so I'll have to ignore him for the moment.
Quote:
And doubleposting, but: Cop, why Oz over Morsul? Give us something to gnaw on.

#248.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Sally, Oz doesn't have that many posts to look at. For your convenience:

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/search....archid=3767928

#251. (answering Rikae.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper
I think that Morsul's turn of phrase might well be something an innocent could say. Morsul doesn't word things extremely carefully and can be a bit sloppy. Aside from that remark, there are things which worry me, but I'm not confident enough in those to vote for him.

The real decision was Ozban over Volo, and to be honest I'm not at all sure I've made the right choice, given the amount of strange things Volo said. The reason I went for Ozban is because of the quick vote placement with no warning, few posts, and because it's likely that a wizard would attack another candidate rather than defend a fellow wizard.

#252.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Oz seems a bit suspicious (I looked at a few posts form late D1 and some of toDay), but how much of it is not being used to this game and how much genuine suspiciousness?

#254.
Quote:
Of the ones with votes (and possible meaningful votes for us two) I might say Oz is a better pick than Morsul or Volo. But none seems especially innocent or suspicious either for me

#256.
Quote:
I don't have a problem with voting Oz, really, but Volo and Morsul are still highly suspicious for me.

Assuming it is just us, Volo would be a ridiculous move, as we'd only tie him with Oz and Oz would still die. Thus, unless someone else shows up, our options seem to be Oz and Morsul.

#258.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I tired to look also at who had voted for whom (so whether someone's votes were given by shadier or more trustworthy people in this game on my mind) - and only found both main "camps" (Morsul voters and Oz voters) looking too suspicious...

#260.
Quote:
I really feel like an Oz vote from me would not be well-informed, at least enough to be comfortable. Morsul made that arguable slip about McCaber and then revenge voted Oz when he was suddenly in the lead. I'd say that's pretty shifty.

#261.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Ozban, "Oz" - I'm somewhat surprised he got voted, since I've missed his guiltiness.

#262.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
So which one would you suggest: Oz or Morsul?

I could go with either (there's reason for both picks).

Oz is a relative newcomer and might earn a go for it but Morsul could be just his normal...
#263.
Quote:
Oooo! Also, if Morsul is a wizard, his choosing to vote Oz over Volo would make the third lad look very bad as well.
#264. Volo votes Ozban (5) The kill-vote.

#265. Nog votes Morsul (4)

#266. Sally votes Morsul (5) (x'd with Nog and Volo's votes.)

#268. (x'd since #263)
Quote:
Part of my reason for voting for Oz has evaporated (part I didn't mention) but I still see reason to vote for him, at least more so than Morsul.
Sally (#260) calls Morsul's vote for Ozban "revenge", but in more practical term he was likely voting to save himself- which tells us nothing either way. Of the other voters, Cop is (to use her own expression) very "sudden"– 2 posts earlier she had forgotten all about him– while Rikae did a good deal to encourage suspicion against Ozban early on then– in her own words– "backpedalled".

Now, having tested out as Legolas on one of those personality quizzes, it should surprise nobody when I point out that the only other unknown in any danger whatever was Morsul. Thus, the Oz-votes are highly significant if he is, in fact, a wolf– if not, not, as the wolves wouldn't need to be very active in steering the lynch otherwise.

EDIT:X'd with two Zils.; saw Morsul's vote just before posting.

Last edited by Nerwen; 01-26-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote