View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #295
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Which one would have stood out, though? Had anyone in particular said things about Pom that would seem to indicate suspicion for ill-defined reasons?
I was thinking in particular of the most innocent-looking voters (Sally and Shasta), who helped decide the lynch. If one was evil and they Night killed the other, the village might later wonder why the remaining one is still alive. It was just a thought; I'm not sure if that scenario would be likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
If it's a matter of misdirection rather than them going for Volo on Seer grounds, then it might be because there's something in Volo's posts which can send us on a wild goose chase, because they just want to cause general confusion, or because they really, really want us to forget about some line of reasoning that we were on yesterDay, and they thought killing Volo would work best at distracting us.

(And now I really will leave for a few hours.)
If it were misdirection, it could potentially mean that things are the opposite of what they would be if the wizards did kill Volo thinking he was the seer. Of course, in the case that their purpose was to create general confusion, none of this could mean anything. And if the purpose of Volo's death was to distract us, it's so far working because we've discussed little besides his death. So maybe it's time to start looking back at yesterDay.