View Single Post
Old 09-21-2003, 08:54 PM   #14
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Silmaril

Hello, I believe Lush is probably referring primarily to my attitude towards Liv Tyler, so let me break this down for y'all.<P>I think it's very demeaning for a woman - any woman - to go to Hollywood and take off her clothes for an audience. And it sort of disgusts me that Liv Tyler, the person chosen to play our lovely Elven princess is also the one who has made so many different movies wherein she acts out all sorts of sexual scenes. Be assured I've never seen any of them, but I read reviews.<P>One of the many concepts I love in LotR is the concept of honor. And any woman should feel dishonored to be taking part in being a guy's mental plaything.<P>To bring balance to it, I'm not quite that happy that Ian McKellen is gay, or that Elijah Wood swears like a sailer. But these are the guys that have come together to bring our favorite (and only) Tolkien trilogy to life. They do a darn good job of it, I just wish that some of the actors and actresses that are chosen would be a little more of something to look up to, something of a role model for kids.<P>I hope my opinion isn't too off-topic, and doesn't offend too many of you. There are a few other issues with Arwen that some of us have - such as not thinking that someone else might possibly have been better for Arwen, because Liv Tyler really ISN'T that pretty when it comes down to it. (Mirinda Otto is prettier...) That whole thing with being interchanged for Glorfindal, and possibly going to Helm's Deep before the cut that was obviously not her fault, and I don't blame her for that.<P>Anyway, that's my two (million) cents worth.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote