View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #10
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
They are they're claiming the popularity was maintained through films ec starting with the Bashki films in 78. I didn't say they were right, or that I even agree. I'm just saying That's the case they're trying to build.

Frankly I think they'll do pretty well considering the dominance over culture Television and film have had over the past 50-60 years. I don't think it's too hard a sell to say the films are more popular than the book. Like I said I don't agree, but they only need to get 12 couch potatoes on a jury to agree...
And I'm saying I think it's a pretty hard case to build since as far as I know none of the previous adaptions had any great success. And generally a main reason for a novel to be considered worth adapting is that it is already popular. Hollywood isn't likely to show much interest in the film rights to a book no-one's ever heard of.

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-09-2013 at 11:06 PM. Reason: typo
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote