Thread: Tolkien dozen
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 05:59 PM   #416
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
CHEEKY ANSWERS

1. "Then who would you take up with? A fat innkeeper who only remembers his own name because people shout it at him all day?" - Strider.
2. "And after all, sir, you did ought to take the Elves' advice. They said you should take those as was willing, and you can't deny it" - Sam.
3. "There are Ents and Ents, you know; or there are Ents and things that look like Ents but ain't, as you might say." - Treebeard.
4. "Do your women run like the deer, clad only in their hair?" - Saeros.
5. "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo.
6. "And it is also said, ‘Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes' " - Frodo.
7. "Oh, is he indeed? Swagger it, swagger it, my little cock-a-whoop." - Squint-eyed ruffian.
8. 'Hullo, Pippin. So you've come on this little expedition too? Where do we get bed and breakfast?" - Merry.
9. "It takes more to make a king than a piece of elvish glass, or a rabble such as this. Why? any brigand of the hills can show as good a following." -- Mouth of Sauron.
10. "I can add some more, if you like it. Calling your Chief Names, Wishing to punch his Pimply Face, and Thinking you Shirriffs look a lot of Tom-fools." - Sam.
11. 'I don't keep water in my pockets.' - Frodo.