View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 02:07 PM   #68
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
I have been 18 for 7 months, so I guess I qualify. I started reading the hobbit when I was in the spring of my sixth grade year, so I would have been 12 at the time. After that it took me awhile to actually finish reading the Lord of the Rings, I read each book as a book report for my seventh, eighth, and ninth grade years. The first movie came out 3 months later. So once I found out about the movie, which would have been in December. I reread the Fellowship again quickly so I could see how close it was to the book. Immediately afterward, I read the Silmarillion for the first time, and did not understand a word. So I started reading through the Hobbit and LOrd of the Rings again. By the end of my tenth grade year I was reading through the entirety of the Lord of The RIngs and the Appendices in 1 week. I decided to try the Silm out again. This time I knew more about the world it was set in and it wuickly became my favorite of all of Tolkein's major works. I have currently read through HOME 5, The Tolkein Reader, the Unfinished Tales and Sir. Gawain and the Green Knight. and I have read peices of HOME 1-4.
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote