View Single Post
Old 09-06-2003, 09:50 AM   #44
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You know, most of these Tolkien "middle-agers" are younger than me! But that still does not make me an "old folk" Tolkien wise, for I did not crack the LOTR until 1991, although I had read the Hobbit in 1988 and had oddly attempted to start my Tolkien readings with the Silmarillion in 1987, getting 100 pages through it and giving it up in confusion. So, I guess that makes my first Tolkien (incomplete) 16 years ago, not quite enough for the old folks and on the outer edge of this group as well! Then again, I've always been "on the cusp" and never quite fit in with any group, being on the edge of Gen-X and Baby Boomers and alternately identified by those who claim to know as being one or the other, depending on where Mars and Venus are in the sky and whether the Milky Way is visible through the clouds that night... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote