View Single Post
Old 08-18-2003, 10:22 AM   #42
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

Just a drop-in to say that at age 40 (soon to be 41) Thenamir qualifies for the Middle-Age Middle-Earthers.

Found Tolkien as a High School Sophomore in 1978, in part because friends were quoting passages from Bored of the Rings, the Harvard Lampoon parody, and though I did not know the subject being parodied, it ad me in stitches. I hit the library next day and found myself a copy of FOTR, and was inextricably hooked.

I was a casual, almost closet fan of LOTR until news came out that a movie was in the works, whereupon I became a crusader for canonic purity, and found the Barrow Downs. After frequenting the chat for several months, I found myself in the good graces of the Barrow-Wight, who allowed me to use the name of the site for my openly-capitalistic Tolkien store. We formalized a joint venture, and I've been associated with the Downs ever since.

Good to be here, and to have some mature perspective. Party on, dudes.