View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 03:29 PM   #41
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Hey all, I'm not sure if I belong here or with the oldies [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I am 28 and was introduced to Tolkien from a young age, My mother being a member of her local Tolkien society and both my parents being avid Rpg'ers in their younger years, I don't exactly remember when my mother first read The hobbit to me, as she read it to me and my brother many times [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I was first intoduced to LOTRs at the age of 9, when my father read it to me, and I certainly did not understand all of it from the first telling, what I do remember most is the brillant voice my father did for Gollum [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I was 12 before I picked up the Hobbit and read it for myself and 14 before my mother allowed me to read her copy of The Lord of the Rings and I have been hooked ever since [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] With every reading revealing something new to me.

I must admit that I have only recently read the Silmarillion, and it reveals sooo much more, that I don't know how I ever lived without it! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

My mother has just sent me her 1976 copy of Farmer Giles of Ham and a 1975 copy of Tree and Leaf, Smith of Wootton Major, The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth, with the simple note saying "Enjoy" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

My only problem now is to decide which one to read first [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]