View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 02:32 AM   #205
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
WOOOO! I get what you mean about listening to all the old parts again, but I've mostly listened to them with vocals over the top. I just listened to the whole thing unadorned, and it's really good! I should be able to record a copy tonight (maybe even at lunchtime; we'll see.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
1. What do you think of Emo vs Rock God styles? ... Do you have any preference on Sauron?
I like him switching back and forth. This is Sauron, after all, whose overtures to Erebor were 'it would be so kind of you if you'd tell me about this Hobbit OR SUFFER'.

Quote:
2. I had Finrod bust a string or drop his harp or something after "your ending in its coldness" where his melody is abruptly cut off. Is it better with the blip, or with his part just ending in silence? Also, the blip is now in tune, but I can make it purposefully off tune, like if he headdesked the keyboard.
Hmm. I really like the fact that this is an unforced error by Finrod - in my head Sauron cuts him off, but he doesn't! Finrod just falters. I think either silence or an explicit dischord would work; but if you like the current blip, I can work with it (it would take an "--ah!" quite nicely).

Quote:
3. And right after the blip - "guilty is your soul etc" - to slow down or not to slow down?
I like the slowdown! Keep it.

Quote:
4. Still working on Sauron's final lines - I know they don't sound quite right, but not sure how so. I will listen to Rock God tomorrow to try and fix this, cause his melody is cleaner than Emo's.
I've had to go over that a few times to figure out where things fall, and I'm still not 100% on it, so this would be good.

Quote:
5. Any points on rhythm? How do you sing things? Anything that needs shifting to make it more comfortable? Sauron's sections have become especially rhythmic, but easy to change if they feel uncomfortable.

6. As per usual - anything else?
Nothing else! Sauron's accompaniment being aggressively rhythmic is perfect for his part in the Music, and it's not like it keeps me from adding twiddles to the vocals if they seem suitable.

This is really good. I can't wait to fit it all together and just sit back for nearly 7 minutes of Duel of Song.

EDIT:

A draft recording. There's a few lines I know I need to change, but I'm also not sure on the timing of the crossovers. 'Yes!' and 'Answer me first' seem to fall strangely; where should they go?

(I've also noticed an increased buzzing from the microphone; I should be able to filter that out.)

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 08-06-2020 at 05:42 AM.
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote