View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 10:08 AM   #152
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
As for me, I've watched the entire V2 with subtitles (one song at a time over the course of the day), and while there's plenty of points where the lyrics are stuffed with slow beats (mine) or get a bit too Yoda (both of ours), I think it's really good. I love the Aria, both of Galadriel's songs, and Luthien's Duel in particular.
A little bit of Yoda is acceptable in poetry.

I wanna add the Feanorian "Undying Hate" to that list, and Finrod's Duel. They sound so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Is it just the one passage at the end of Captivity that's actually different, rather than missing, in V1? If you have your translation for that, at some point I'll put together subtitles for that version too.
Yes, it's the "honour" passage, which in V1 is the equivalent of the Prison Duet content (in 2 lines). I might do that. And Luthien's V1 not-so-much-bloodzoning to the Feanorians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I've also reshuffled the Appendices of the Libretto, putting a "What's a Sillymillion?" summary of What Has Gone Before. I've tried not to mention anything that doesn't come up in the musical, which means weird absences like Finwe and Fingolfin, but hopefully it does its job.
Hey, nice job of summarizing the Sillymillion! Concise and clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Do we also want an equivalent of this (which is what the Russians call the libretto)? If you're looking for translation/adaptation work to do... ^_~
Are you suggesting a move to prose now?