View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 04:57 AM   #101
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
And this is why I quite like Jareth!Finrod - he has exactly the right expressions for someone dealing with ThugBeren. You can see him thinking, "Your*father*was scrawny and sarcastic,*Beor*was scrawny and sarcastic, how did*you*end up six foot four and full of muscle?"
Ah, so that's the reason for the nearly constant expression of passionate misery on his fair face!

I'm sorry, I'm teasing. Beren's "I'm so fierce I will rip out everyone's throats with my teeth" image is just too hilarious when he growls about Finrod's face. But in Nargothrod it's more his tone of voice that's bugging me. He's basically doing the opposite of begging for the help.

A quick reply to other stuff before work:

Heart: among the things I will look over again before I start anything new. Might tinker a bit with the rhythm stuff. But seriously, it looks very good as it is!

Epilogue:
- Forgiving all the Oaths is an option. I feel like they all sound worse than "ago", but that's not to be helped it we are to place forgiveness in there.

- Ooh, I like "Western Wind" as a reference there. I wonder if it's possible to still fit it with the rhyming scheme. Will think this out.

- Havens and on accepted (lol, you're right, it's not the failed attempts we wanna have)

- Re dreams stuff: none of these things are directly supported by the Russian text! It's all conjecture. Their song is maybe a little less blatantly meta, you need to listen twice before you realize the extent of it. So if we take that as an ideal, the line should apply equally well to Men and to readers. Most of the song also applies to Beren and Luthien, and I guess even this line sort of ties in, but at the same time this line sounds less B and L like.What about "to guard your dreams where stories dwell", as reference to Sam?

Duel:
- No ending tells their song also works! Just makes it a bit more clear which ending it's referring to.
- I will give the other two lines a thought..

Maybe I'll do Halt then, or whatever else inspires me next - but not until tomorrow at least. Halt... I think in the Libretto it's just called Beren and Finrod's Conversation at Night, but I'm not sure. I'll check it.